Wednesday, February 29, 2012

30 day challenge (Day 29)

The month goes by fast when you actually count every week out. I had my blood drawn today to get my final levels of Cholesterol and Blood Pressure. I will get the results for my cholesterol on Friday but I do have my Blood Pressure now. Firstly, the normal Blood Pressure is 120/80. Now, at the beginning of the month I was at 122/70 and after getting the results today, I am at 100/68. Also, I get my Blood pressure checked every Monday and Friday when I give plasma, and this past Monday I was at 117/52. The pressures seem to be all over the place but both recordings at the end of the month were lower than my Original. There have been studies of fish oil elevating moods. Since I was not blinded to the affects of fish oil it is hard to determine of my bias view had a mental impact at all. Although, after the second week I was feeling good and unsure if the fish oil had anything to do with it. Then, I was also in great spirits the third and fourth week. Therefore, even though judgements are hard to pass, I want to say I definitely felt an anti-depressant effect from taking fish oil. I will continue to take fish oil, only 1200mg less (2 capsules), simply for the cost. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like the fish oil sounds like it has helped and given you some good benefits. I think I might look into fish oil and I might see if it would be something that I should start taking to help keep my blood pressure at a good level and to help with moods as well.

    ReplyDelete