Thursday, February 23, 2012

How Shoes Define You

Your typical connotation of someone who likes shoes is a diva girl. Well sorry to break the status quo, but I really like shoes. It actually wasn't until recently that I realized my love for shoes, and it all started when I was a little kid. I didn't grow up in the best financial situation, I didn't even grow up above poverty. But every time I would visit my Grandmother she asked the same question, "Do you need new shoes?" I would reply the same with a no, as I would wear the same wore down tennis shoes until I literally couldn't. I would eventually let her buy me a new pair out of annoyance from her asking. You see, my family is a distorted one and me and my Grandma are very close and always have been. She is getting older now, 92,  and I am starting to take an interest in her life. Something I learned about her a couple months ago is that she used to model for shoes, and they would send her a new pair often, which explains why she always wants me to get new shoes. Now in the recent month I have realized something about myself and my shoes. I realized that what ever pair I decide to wear, really has an influence on my attitude. Living in a small room on a college campus, I didn't want to bring all my shoes, so I really only have 6 or 7 pairs with me. I don't know if some would say that is a lot or not but I do not feel that it is. I don't feel its a lot because each one is used for a different purpose. I have tennis shoes, dress shoes, sperries, slip-ons, work shoes, style shoes. I usually always wear my style shoes which are kinda like skater shoes, but when I wear these I feel like a bolder individual and take things slow. If dont have room in my book bag and am working out that day, I will just wear my tennis shoes. Wearing my tennis shoes really changes my whole outfit, it makes me feel ready to move more and more of a common individual, almost bringing my pride down. If I wear my sperris, it gives me a casual feel, I am still careful and catious in these shoes but I feel classy. If I wear my slip-ons, it means I am lazy and comfortable that day, and introvert. Even if you don't notice it, your shoes have an influence on your mood. And now if you ever see me and what shoes I am wearing, you will know how I feel that day

No comments:

Post a Comment